Electrical Installation Condition Report from £80!
Electrical Installation Condition Report.
A electrical installation condition report; is required; as all electrical installations will deteriorate over time. It is recommended that they should be inspected and tested; every “3 to 5 years”. Such electrical safety checks are commonly known as; ‘periodic inspections’ or ‘electrical installation condition reports’.
A electrical installation condition report will show:
- If any electrical circuits; or equipment are overloaded.
- Find any potential electric shock risks and fire hazards.
- Identify defective electrical work.
- Highlight any lack of earthing or bonding.
Testing will also be carried out on wiring and fixed electrical items; to check that they are safe. A schedule of circuits; can also be provided; which; can be a great asset to a property.
Who should carry out the; electrical installation condition report; and what happens?
Electricians covered by a competent persons title; under BS7671; should be the only person to carry out a electrical inspection report; and or certificate. These are the best people to check your electrical installation; and will do so against the UK standard; for the safety of electrical installations. This is otherwise known as BS7671 (IEE wiring regulations).
We ensure all our electricians; are either NICEIC (external link). or NAPIT (external link). registered and are fully qualified to carry out; electrical certificates or domestic electrical installation condition reports.
Get the right certificate first time and don’t waste money
Generally councils, housing associations; Estate agents or managing agents; will only accept electrical certificates that have been signed off by a fully qualified; registered electrician. Also something to bare in mind; is should a fault or dangerous occurrences happen; you would in some cases not be covered by your insurance; if the correct electrical reports are not in place.
- Only Registered approved contractors; with the NICEIC or NAPIT; can issue electrical installation condition reports (electrical certificates).
- Ensure the contractor is not only a domestic installer; as they can not carry out electrical certificates and electrical installation condition reports.
- Ensure your electrician is fully insured; by knowing that they are with the NICEIC or NAPIT.
The electricians we use, will inspect the electric installation and take into account the relevant circumstances to your property, this will include;
- The earthing and bonding.
- Suitability of the switchgear and controlgear.
- The serviceability of switches; sockets and lighting fittings.
- The type of wiring system and its condition.
- Making sure you have a fusebox; with a suitable residual current device (RCD).
- The presence of adequate identification and notices.
- The extent of any wear and tear; damage or other deterioration.
- Any changes; in the use of the premises that have led to; or may lead to; unsafe conditions.
Our Electricians will then compile your electrical installation condition report; which will detail any findings. These include deterioration; defects or dangerous conditions. The electrical certificate will also include any non compliances or parts of the installation that is not upto standard.
On your eicr, electrical certificate or electrical installation condition report, it will notify you whether or not your electrical installation is “satisfactory” or “unsatisfactory”, the outcome depends on the installation as a whole and can be explained if you require more information after receiving the certificate.
Electrical Installation Condition Report (EICR) (Studio) £80.
Electrical Installation Condition Report (EICR) (1 Bed) £90.
Electrical Installation Condition Report (EICR) (2 Bed) £100.
Electrical Installation Condition Report (EICR) (3 Bed) £100.
Electrical Installation Condition Report (EICR) (4 Bed) £120.
Commercial EICR (Call to Confirm).
Fire Alarm Inspection £50 /zone.
Emergency Lighting Certificate £50.
Please read our EICR Inspection check list; This is to ensure you are prepared for the electrician to carry out the inspection. Doing so will help us to obtain a full report.
Find out more about our; emergency electricians in London and Essex.