Electrical Safety Testing from £90!
Electrical Safety Testing Sequence.
What is the Fixed wire testing Sequence?
An “electrical safety test sequence”; is the correct way an approved electrician; should carry out his electrical testing. This is for the electrical installation condition report (“eicr certificates”). This is backed up by BS7671 and the IEE wiring regulations guidance notes 3. Any electrician that is registered with the:
The below steps; are for electrical safety testing.
ELECTRICAL INSPECTION AND TESTING; BEFORE CONNECTION OF THE SUPPLY:
- Continuity of protective conductors.
- Main and Supplementary bonding continuity.
- Continuity of ring final circuit conductors.
- Insulation Resistance.
- Site applied insulation.
- Protection by separation.
- Protection by barriers and enclosures.
- Insulation of non-conducting floors and walls.
- Earth electrode resistance.
- Earth electrode resistance if an earth-fault loop tester; or the ammeter and voltmeter method are used.
ELECTRICAL INSPECTION AND TESTING WITH THE SUPPLY CONNECTED:
- Confirm correct polarity.
- Earth-fault loop impedance.
- Correct operation of residual current devices.
- Correct operation of switches and isolators.
Sometimes electricians are not able to comply with all the testing; due to implications, this should be listed on your (eicr report / certificate). This will be a limitation; it will sometimes be abbreviated as a LIM. Some of the boxes on the eicr report; are not always big enough to show the whole word.
Is there an alternative to electrical inspection and testing?
As an alternative; guidance suggests a Electrical Inspection visually; also carried out by a qualified electrician. However a visual condition report; is only suitable where the installations have had electrical testing in the last two years. The result would also have been; “satisfactory” or any resulting defects have been rectified.
Electrical Safety Testing. (EICR Report) (Studio) £90.
Electrical Safety Testing. (EICR Report) (1 Bed) £90.
Electrical Safety Testing. (EICR Report) (2 Bed) £100.
Electrical Safety Testing. (EICR Report) (3 Bed) £100.
Electrical Safety Testing. (EICR REport) (4 Bed) £120
Fire Alarm Inspection £80 /zone.
Emergency Lighting Certificate £80.
Commercial Fixed Wire Testing (Call to Confirm).
To book your electrical inspection and testing; contact us here.
Call Our Sales Line: 0203 637 1446.
Before you book your electrical safety testing; please see our terms and conditions.