Emergency Light Testing Prices from £120!
Emergency Light Testing
Emergency Light testing is carried out to ensure the lights work correctly. They are important to health and safety and should illuminate exit routes. These routes are for people leaving the building in a emergency. A safe exit must always be illuminated.
Emergency lights are used for various reasons as follows;
- Loss of power.
- Failure to the lighting system.
If the emergency lights do not work correctly; this could result in serious outcomes which include injury and death.
Emergency lighting testing is a requirement by UK law, This ensures all exit routes are illuminated. This is for all places with guest access and include the following:
- Guest Access.
- Public Access.
- Stakk Access.
Regular emergency light testing shoud be carried out, on completion the date and time should be placed in the site log book to prove this was done and a emergency light certificate should be provided.
Emergency light testing Schedule:
- Check LED’s are on every day
- Switch test switch off to ensure this emergency light test will ensure all the lights come on come on.
- illuminate the lights for 3 hours this ensures the lights lasts and is required for you annual emergency light test
Types of emergency lights:
1. Non–Maintained Emergency Light: The emergency lights switch on when the power fails.
2. Maintained Emergency Light: Works with a normal lighting system but also come on when the power fails
3. Sustained Emergency Light: Is a combination of the maintained and non maintained emergency lighting.
Emergency Light Test Legal requirements;
Emergency light testing is a legal requirement. The tests are UK law and should not be ignored , if you do not comply with the regulations you can be prosecuted. In severe circumstances you can end up in a criminal court. This is usually when there is injury or death as a failure to comply with the emergency lighting testing procedures.
Emergency Light Certificate Prices:
Emergency Lighting Testing 1-10 Lights: 1 Hour – £120.
Emergency Lighting Testing 11-20 Lights: 1 Hour – £160
Emergency Lighting Testing 21-30 Lights: 1 Hour – £200.
Emergency Lighting Certificate
Emergency light certificate are similar to electrical certificates in appearance. They are required after a emergency light testing and inspection has been carried out at your property. Emergency Light testing is recommended by LAW in the UK for health and safety; the emergency light certificates must be held in a safe place as proof of compliance.
You will receive your emergency light certificate from the electrician; once the emergency light testing has been completed. This will provide you with any recommendations that require fixing on the installation. These recommendations can be damage; deterioration; defects or dangerous conditions.
How often should you get a emergency light certificate?
There are various time scales for emergency lit testing to be carried out. But the recommendations are as follow;
- Weekly emergency light tests. (Checking the LED are on)
- 3 Monthly emergency light Tests. (Switching the power of to ensure lights illuminate)
- 6 monthly emergency light Tests. (Let the batteries discharge for 1 hour to see if the lights stay on)
- Annually emergency light Test (Let the batteries discharge for 3 hour to see if the lights stay on)
The only main requirement above is the annual test; although it is highly recommended that you carry out the other tests. This is to ensure safety.
Each Employer; Building Controller or Building Owner (The Responsible Person); must protect employees or any other persons legally entering their premises. Emergency lighting Systems must meet requirements of BS5839 or else will be deemed non-compliant.
Emergency Light Testing Prices:
Emergency Lighting Certificate 1-10 Alarms, 1 Hour – £100.
Emergency Lighting Certificate 11-20 Alarms 1 Hour – £160
Emergency Lighting Certificate 21-30 Alarms 1 Hour – £200
If you do not have time to call; fill in our Contact us form for your Emergency Light certificate.. We will call you back at a convenient time for you.
To be ready for you full emergency light inspection; find out what you should here
Emergency Light Inspections Check List
Emergency Light Inspection
Emergency Light Inspection Check List:
Below is a list of thing required for your emergency light inspection. We request you follow this before an electrician arrives. This ensures you are ready for your emergency light testing.
- Make sure your electrician can access the consumer unit. Any items blocking the consumer unit could prevent the emergency light inspection.
- Please provide us a estimate of height for the consumer unit. This way we can bring appropriate ladders. This is to ensure access is adequate.
- Make sure the installation is live upon arrival. If there is no electricity we cant carry out the test.
- It is recommended you carry out a 1 hour test on the lights. This is so you know they work.
- Count the amount of emergency lights we are testing; let us know the amount of lights and locations. This is to ensure we do not miss any.
- Ensure you have located all emergency light inspections switches. Provide make if possible; this ensures we bring the correct keys with us.
- Full tests may be carried out in these circumstances; Early signs of dangers/recommendations present; Locations not available. If this happens you will still be charged.
- Provide any previous reports or drawing you have on the emergency light installation.
- Provide any previous eicr certificates or periodic inspection reports so we have an idea of the history of the electrical installation
If you require any further information, or would like to book your emergency light inspection with Trade Facilities Services;
Sales Line: 020 3637 1446.
Read our emergency light testing terms and conditions before you make a booking.