Emergency Light Testing Prices from £80!
Emergency Light Testing
Emergency Light testing is carried out to ensure the lights work correctly. They are important to health and safety and should illuminate exit routes. These routes are for people leaving the building in a emergency. A safe exit must always be illuminated.
Emergency lights are used for various reasons as follows;
- Loss of power.
- Failure to the lighting system.
If the emergency lights do not work correctly; this could result in serious outcomes which include injury and death.
Emergency lighting testing is a requirement by UK law, This ensures all exit routes are illuminated. This is for all places with guest access and include the following:
- Guest Access.
- Public Access.
- Stakk Access.
Emergency Light testing should be carried out on a regular basis. Once complete the emergency light test should be placed in the log book. This will include the time and date. Once completed by a contractor you should also receive a emergency light certificate.
Emergency light testing Schedule:
- Daily Emergency Light: Test; Check LED’s are on.
- Monthly Emergency Light test: Switch test switch of to ensure emergency lights come on.
- Annual Emergency light test:Switch lights of to ensure emergency lights illuminate for 3 hours.
Types of emergency lights:
1. Non–Maintained Emergency Light: These emergency lights only illuminate only when the main power fails.
2. Maintained Emergency Light: Dual served emergency lights that work in normal operation with the lighting system. When the power cuts out, the emergency lights illuminate through a battery pack back up.
3. Sustained Emergency Light: Is a combination of the maintained and non maintained emergency lighting.
Emergency Light Test Legal requirements;
Emergency light testing is a legal requirement. The tests are UK law and should not be ignored follow this external link for more information on your emergency light test. Fire safe.
Failure to comply with these requirements can result in prosecution. You could ultimately end up in a criminal court if there is serious injury or death; as a failure to comply with the emergency light testing procedures.
Electrical Safety Certificate (EICR) ( Studio) £80.
Electrical Safety Certificate (EICR) (1 Bed) £90.
Electrical Safety Certificate (EICR) (2 Bed) £100.
Electrical Safety Certificate (EICR) (3 Bed) £100.
Electrical Safety Certificate (EICR) (4 Bed) £120.
Fire Alarm Inspection From £80
Emergency Lighting Certificate From £80.
Commercial EICR (Call to Confirm).
If you do not have time to call; fill in our Contact us form for your Emergency Light Chcks. We will call you back at a convenient time for you.
Sales Line: 020 3637 1446.
Read our emergency light testing terms and conditions before you make a booking.