EICR Certificate for landlords and moving home from £100!
Electrical Inspection Certificate ensures the safety of an electrical installation with a declaration that the new installation, alteration or addition is safe to use at the time it was put into service. The issued EICR for your property depends on the extent and type of electrical installation work, inspection and testing, that you have carried out for the building.
Electrical Safety Certificate Prices:
- Landlord Electrical Report (EICR) (1 Bed) £100.
- Landlord Electrical Report (EICR) (2 Bed) £100.
- Landlord Electrical Report (EICR) (3 Bed) £110.
- Landlord Electrical Report (EICR) (4 Bed) £140.
- Commercial EICR (Call to Confirm).
Electrical Safety Certificate indicates the following
- Detect electrical faults which could cause shock or burns to humans or livestock.
- Check if the installation is safe to use.
- Check if there is protection against damage to property by fire or heat rising from a defective point.
- Additions to the installation which could cause overloading.
- Alterations to the installation which could cause harm or damage.
- If there has been flooding or water damage due to a leak.
Who should carry out the electrical inspection?
EICR should be carried out only by a NICEIC, ELECSA, or NAPIT registered electricians who can check the condition of the electrical systems against the UK standard for the safety of electrical installations, BS 7671 – Requirements for Electrical Installations (IEE Wiring Regulations).
Importance of Electrical Certificate for Landlords
Electrical certificates for landlords are an important part of ensuring the safety of your tenants. It is recommended that you should have a full electrical inspection carried out every three to five years depending on previous inspection advice. As a landlord, you’re obliged to ensure all electrical appliances and installations you supply are safe with the EICR.
By law, you must make sure:
- All electrical installations (e.g. sockets and light fittings) are safe when tenants move in and maintained in a safe condition throughout the duration of the tenancy
- All electrical appliances you supply, e.g. cookers and kettles, are safe and have (at a minimum) the CE marking.
- A periodic inspection and test is carried out by a registered electrician every five years (only legally required if the property is a House in Multiple Occupation (HMO))
To meet all these requirements, a landlord will need to regularly carry out basic safety checks to ensure that the electrical installation and appliances are safe and working.
Keeping hold of these EICR certificates also provide a basis for any further inspection and testing, as they can help save on costly exploratory work which might otherwise be needed in the future. Additionally, in the event of a claim that injury or fire was caused by an electrical installation, certificates are documentary evidence which help show that the installation had been installed to a satisfactory standard of safety.
What are the consequences to Landlords after failing to comply with electrical safety regulations?
If electrical installations and appliances provided by the landlord, are found to be unsafe, then you could face:
- A £5,000 fine
- Six months imprisonment
- Potential criminal charges in the event of injury or death
- Invalidated property insurance
Of course, it’s in your best interests to keep your property’s electrics in the best condition. Safe tenants are happy tenants (which makes the business of letting your property much easier), and safe electrics also greatly minimize the risk of costly damage (such as fire) to your property. So in addition to the basic legal requirements mentioned above, it’s worth taking additional safety measures by the landlords.
Trade Facilities Services work with all people; when supplying electrical certificates. That’s why our discounts; apply to many people and companies. We believe that with the current market; there are many people and companies with more than 1 property. Therefore if you can offer either regular work; or multiple electrical installation condition reports at once; we can offer you some great discounts.
Our discount can apply to the following people.:
- Property Management Companies.
- Estate Agents.
- Facilities Management Companies.
- Private Home Owners.
- Private Businesses.
- People with more than 1 certificate.
For more information on your electrical testing and inspections; please follow the following links.
- EICR Reports.
- Electrical Installation Certificates.
- Electrical Inspection and testing.
If you want to know what we can do for you; regarding your electrical installation testing. Please give us a call on our sales line:
Sales Line: 020 3637 1446.
If you do not have time to call; fill in our Contact us form for your; discount electrical installation condition report. We will call you back; at a convenient time for you.
Once we have confirmed your booking, you still can contact us for the progress of your electrical installation condition report. We are always on hand to help with information about your electrical installation testing. This is to ensure you have piece of mind.
We accept all payments types: credit card, visa, solo, bank transfer and cash.
- Electrical Inspection Report (1 Bed) £100.
- Electrical Inspection Report (2 Bed) £100.
- Electrical Inspection Report (3 Bed) £110.
- Electrical Inspection Report (4 Bed) £140.
- Commercial EICR (Call to Confirm).
Call 02036371446 Or Book Online with Trade Facilities Services