EICR Certificate for landlords and moving home from £90!
Electrical Inspection Certificate ensures the safety of an electrical installation with a declaration that the new installation, alteration or addition is safe to use at the time it was put into service. The issued EICR for your property depends on the extent and type of electrical installation work, inspection and testing, that you have carried out for the building.
Prices of electrical certificates for landlords are:
- Landlord Electrical Report (EICR) (1 Bed) £90.
- Landlord Electrical Report (EICR) (2 Bed) £100.
- Landlord Electrical Report (EICR) (3 Bed) £100.
- Landlord Electrical Report (EICR) (4 Bed) £140.
- Commercial EICR (Call to Confirm).
Electrical Safety Certificate indicates the following
- Detect electrical faults which could cause shock or burns to humans or livestock.
- Check if the installation is safe to use.
- Check if there is protection against damage to property by fire or heat rising from a defective point.
- Additions to the installation which could cause overloading.
- Alterations to the installation which could cause harm or damage.
- If there has been flooding or water damage due to a leak.
Who should carry out the electrical inspection?
EICR should be carried out only by a NICEIC, ELECSA, or NAPIT registered electricians who can check the condition of the electrical systems against the UK standard for the safety of electrical installations, BS 7671 – Requirements for Electrical Installations (IEE Wiring Regulations).
Call 02036371446 or Book Online today
Importance of Electrical Certificate for Landlords
Landlord Electrical certificate is now covered by law in Scotland, this shows the importance they are having in becoming imperative to your tenants safety. The recommendation for electrical certificates for landlords is every 5 years or change of tenant. Although always check your report as the previous electrician may have thought more regular check were required. Landlords are obliged to ensure all electrics are safe for the tenant to use and must ensure they have a EICR in place.
By law, make sure of the following points:
- The electrical installations like sockets and light fittings are safe when tenants move in. And, the electrical installations are maintained throughout the tenancy period.
- All electrical appliances you source (like cookers, kettles, etc. ) are safe and have (at a minimum) the CE marking.
- Periodic and regular inspection and the test should be carried out by registered electrician every five years (It is only legally required if the property is a House in Multiple Occupation (HMO).
For fulfilling the above requirements, we recommend obtaining an electrical safety certificate by carrying out basic safety checks regularly. These checks will ensure that the electrical installation and appliances are safe and working properly.
A landlord must keep hold of these EICR certificates. As in the event of any inspection and testing, these certificates can help save on costly exploratory work, which might require in the future. Additionally, in any event of a claim in which electrical installations caused an injury or fire, these certificates are documentary evidence to show that the installations had been installed to satisfactory safety standards.
What are the consequences to Landlords after failing to comply with electrical safety regulations?
- Landlords could face following actions if electrical installations and appliances provided by them are found to be unsafe,
- A fine of £5,000
- imprisonment of six months
- In the event of injury or death, one could face potential criminal charges
- Invalidated property insurance
Safe tenants are happy tenants. Therefore, it’s in your best interest to keep your property’s electrical installations in the best condition. By following the electrical safety standards, the safe electrical installations also greatly minimise the risk of costly damage to your property. Therefore, along with the legal requirements mentioned above, it is worth taking additional safety measures by the landlords and gets an electrical certificate.
Trade Facilities Services work with all people; when supplying electrical certificates. That’s why our discounts; apply to many people and companies. We believe that with the current market; there are many people and companies with more than 1 property. Therefore if you can offer either regular work; or multiple electrical installation condition reports at once; we can offer you some great discounts.
Our discount can apply to the following people.:
- Property Management Companies.
- Estate Agents.
- Facilities Management Companies.
- Private Home Owners.
- Private Businesses.
- People with more than 1 certificate.
For more information on your electrical testing and inspections; please follow the following links.
- EICR Reports.
- Electrical Installation Certificates.
- Electrical Inspection and testing.
If you want to know what we can do for you; regarding your electrical installation testing. Please give us a call on our sales line:
Sales Line: 020 3637 1446.
If you do not have time to call; fill in our Contact us form for your; electrical installation condition report. We will call you back; at a convenient time for you.
Once we have confirmed your booking, you still can contact us for the progress of your electrical installation condition report. We are always on hand to help with information about your electrical installation testing. This is to ensure you have piece of mind.
- Electrical Inspection Report (1 Bed) £90.
- Electrical Inspection Report (2 Bed) £100.
- Electrical Inspection Report (3 Bed) £100.
- Electrical Inspection Report (4 Bed) £120.
- Commercial EICR (Call to Confirm).