Safe Your Electrical Installation with A Reliable EICR Report

EICR stands for ‘Electrical Installation Condition Report’ and it can be provided only by a qualified electrician who is accredited and licensed in inspecting the electrics in your property. The report gives a detailed analysis on the safety and infrastructure of the wiring in your building, making the EICR a typical requirement for insurance purposes, as well as for legal compliance to commercial property standards in the UK. Through this report, you can gain a certificate, which will ensure the safety of electrical installations, and that any new installation, addition, or alteration is safe to use from the time it was put into service.

The EICR report will be issued depending on your property’s electrical installation. The inspection and testing are carried out according to the extent of your electrics, and if you have had prior reports on your property, too. The electrical safety certificate will then indicate electrical faults that can cause burns or shock to livestock and humans. It will indicate if the installation is safe and if there is any protection to your property against damage by heat or fire from a defective point. The report will provide details on an installation that could be prone to overloading, damage, or harm, or if there had been water damage or flooding caused by a leak.

When you need an EICR, make sure that it is conducted only by a NAPIT, NICEIC, or ELECSA registered electrician. That way, you can be confident in their ability to check the condition of your electrics against the UK standard for the safety of electrical installations or BS 7671, the requirements for electrical installations (IEE Wiring Regulations). You may need to have EICR conducted every three to five years, depending on what the electrician had advised during a previous inspection. Remember that as a property owner or a landlord, it is your responsibility to make sure that all electrical installations and appliances on your property are safe, and you can do that with an EICR.

Add Comment